28 July – 27 August 2016
In summer 2016, we made a cultural mission to Europe, participating in four international festivals:
- 44th Aberdeen International Youth Festival in Aberdeen, Scotland
- 50th Westerlo Internationaal Folklorefestival in Westerlo, Belgium
- 62nd International Folklore Festival in Cerveny Kostelec, Czech Rep.
- 48th International Festival of Highland Folklore in Zakopane, Poland.
The team also held some concerts in England, France and Germany. Tim Muhibah won second place at the folklore festival in Cerveny Kostelec, Czech Rep., and received regular distinction at the folklore festival in Zakopane, Poland.
Documentary: The Journey (2018)
A documentary film about the journey to Europe in 2016 is currently being made, titled “The Journey”. It is expected to be released in July 2018.
ADVENTURE TO AUSTRALIA 2018
16 – 28 January 2018
In January 2018, we were touring Australia, performing a concert in four cities:
- Melbourne, 20 Januari 2018
Picnic Concert, World Cultural Heritage
Konsulat Jenderal RI di Melbourne
- Canberra, 22 Januari 2018
Angklung: The Sound of Bamboo – A Musical Concert
Pop Up Village, Australian University, Canberra
- Brisbane, 25 Januari 2018
First ever Angklung flash mob in Australia
The Sound of Bamboo Orchestra in Brisbane
Queen Street Mall, Brisbane
- Sydney, 27 Januari 2018
A Bamboo Concert in Sydney
Martin Place, Central Business District, Sydney.
GRAND JOURNEY EUROPE 2018
26 June – 02 August 2018
This summer we’ll be back to Europe again, but more countries and longer journey! We are taking part in three festivals:
- 59th International Folklore Festival of Nasreddin Hoca in Aksehir, Turkey 4 – 10 July 2018
- 13th International Youth Festival of Arts (IYFA) “Muzite” in Sozopol, Bulgaria,
10 – 15 July 2018
- International Music & Folk – Dance festival “Summer in Visoko” in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 20 – 25 July 2018
Besides that, we’ll be performing a concert in eight cities, between Berlin and Istanbul.
- Berlin, Germany (29 June 2018)
- Potsdam, Germany (30 June 2018)
- Budapest, Hungary (1 July 2018)
- Istanbul, Turkey (3 July 2018)
- Sofia, Bulgaria (19 July 2018)
- Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina (24 July 2018)
- Saint-Légier-La Chiésaz, Switzerland (26 July 2018)
- Territet, Montreux, Switzerland (27 July 2018)
In 2020 we plan to do a Journey in the USA, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we should postpone our journey until the COVID-19 is over. We hope the world will get better soon so we can do the journey to the USA soon and we can accomplish our mission to spread angklung to the world.
Follow our journey on our instagram @angklungmuhibah